- In some ways the Samaria Gorge’s little brother, Imbros Gorge is a trek of a mere 8kms, but there are some equally spectacular sections and amazing narrow passages
- The good news is you can walk it in around 2-3 hours, so it’s easy on the legs and an ideal nature ramble for families with children, or more senior citizens who enjoy a walk but don’t want to overdo it
- We pick you up from your hotel in the morning around 08:00 and drive you to the entrance of the Imbros gorge towards Sfakia village.
- En route your guide will brief you on all the necessary information for your hike
- Before we arrive at the gorge we make a quick stop at a local taverna to taste a local Sfakiani Pita, a pie with honey, and grab a coffee or a drink
- Having paid the entrance fee of €2.50, we start or descent around 10:40
- You walk at your own pace and not with the whole group with our guide bringing up the rear in case anyone needs help.
- 2.5 hours later, having experienced the flora and fauna, and majesty of landscape, we arrive at Komitades village
- We reboard our coaches and drive to picturesque Sfakia where you have around 3 hours free time to enjoy lunch and a swim
- We arrive back in Chania at around 18:00-18:30
ORGANISED TOUR PRICE OF €26
PLEASE NOTE THIS TOUR INVOLVES A 8KMS HIKE (2-3 HOURS), MOSTLY DOWNHILL, OVER SOMETIMES ROCKY TERRAIN
IT’S A FABULOUS WALK BUT BRING PLENTY OF WATER, SNACKS, SUNSCREEN AND A HAT