DESCRIPTION AND TRIP ITINERARY:
Olive Oil has been the most important culinary and medicinal ingredient for Greeks since ancient times, Homer calling it the “Liquid Gold” and Hippocrates the “Great Healer”. The central element of the ‘Mediterranean Diet’, it is considered the healthiest fat on earth, containing antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins. This experience aims to introduce you to the uniqueness of the Mediterranean Diet and all the health and beauty benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), which can transform your life forever.
- Upon arrival you will be met by Anita Zachou, agricultural engineer, expert olive oil taster holistic wellness coach, and founder of Mykonos Olive Oil tasting
- The session begins with a short history of olive trees and their fruit
- During this experience, Anita will teach you how to smell and taste the incredible aromas and flavors of some of the finest Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- By tasting you will come to understand the true meaning of ‘extra virgin’ as well as how to describe an olive oil correctly using terms such as ‘fruity’, ‘bitter’ and ‘spicy’
- You will also discover how to recognize a defective olive oil from a good one. This is the perfect activity to share with your family & friends.
ORGANISED TOUR PRICE
- Tutored tasting of 2 award-winning Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oils and 2 olive oils with negative attributes
- Biodegradable tasting glasses
- Anything that is not clearly mentioned as included