DESCRIPTION AND TRIP ITINERARY:
- Departing at midday we cruise to Tinos town on the island of the same name – Tinos is three times the size of Mykonos and much quieter, but with many points of religious and cultural interest
- Our guided tour will show you a continuously changing scenery of landscapes, traditional villagesand views over the Aegean Sea and surrounding islands
- We visit the most famous and important church in Greece, the Evangellistria, with its famous and wonderful icon and holy atmosphere
- Keeping in religious vein we then visit the women's monastery at Kechrovouni, high up in the mountains, inhabited by 40 nuns
- Driving on, we come to the traditional villageVolax to see the basket makers’ craft
- Next on the agenda is the ‘Valley of thePigeon Houses’ dating back to Venetian times
- Our final artistic stop is at Pirgos, famous throughout the Cyclades as a center of marble craftsmen and women
- We return to Tinos town to catch the boat back to Mykonos, arriving around 22:00
This tour runs on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Please note that for the visits to ,the church and monastery there are strict clothing rules: sleeveless shirts and shorts are not permitted. Men must wear long trousers and women must wear skirts or trousers that go below the knee.
ORGANISED TOUR PRICE
- Boat ticket
- Full-day tour with multilingual guide
- Food and drinks