ReviewsNo reviews yet
Private Daily Tour from Athens to Olympia
See where the Olympic Games began
This daily tour from Athens gives you the opportunity to visit the beautiful green archeological site of Ancient Olympia and museum, now a UNESCO World heritage Site. The ancient stadium was designed to hold up to 40,000 visitors, with the important guests housed in the Leonidaion which is also on show. We also get to see the ruins of the Temple of Zeus (Father of Gods in Ancient Greece), the Gymnasium, and the Altar of Goddess Hera where the Olympic Flame is lit every four years for the modern Olympics.
A further highlight is The Archeological Museum of Olympia, located in a park full of trees and squares, which opened in 1982 and is home to an outstanding collection of statues and artifacts found during the excavations.
En route to Ancient Olympia we pass the amazing modern engineering masterpiece of the Corinth Canal where we stop for a photo opportunity.
- Temple of Zeus
- Altar of Goddess Hera
- Archeological Museum
- 4th century BC Hermes of Praxiteles
- Corinth canal
Info & Facilities
- Duration: Approx 11 hours
- Dep: Time requested by customer
- Vehicles are disinfected daily
- Drivers are vaccinated for COVID-19
- Pick up: from customer’s location (Athens hotel or BNB)
- Transportation: Luxury Mercedes Vehicle and Mini-Van
- WiFi on vehicles
- Bottle of water
- English speaking driver with great knowledge of history
- Entrance fees to archeological sites
- Tour Guide: upon request
- Lunch: upon request