ReviewsNo reviews yet
Private Daily Tour Athens Riviera to Cape Sounion
A TRIP TO ONE OF THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED SITES IN GREECE.
The Acropolis may be the most photographed site in Greece, but the stunning temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion runs it very close. Doric in style and dating back to around 440 BCE it’s one of the major monuments to the ‘Golden Age’ of Athens. As sunset is the best time for a photo opportunity, with Homer’s ‘wine dark’ blue Argean sea in the background, the most popular time to start a visit is the afternoon. Alternatively, we do also offer it as a morning half-day trip.
The drive takes us along the marvelous “Athenian Riviera”, a scenic bit of coast that is much loved by locals, but little known to tourists. It’s well worth discovering. En route we visit the hidden Attic gem of Lake Vouliagmeni, a unique geological phenomenon, where we offer you the chance to swim in the warm crystal-clear blue waters.
- Swim and photo stop at Lake Vouliagmeni
- The Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion
Info & Facilities
Duration: Approx 5 hours
- Dep: Time requested by customer
- Vehicles are disinfected daily
- Drivers are vaccinated for COVID-19
- Pick up: from customer’s location (Athens hotel or B and B)
- Transportation: Luxury Mercedes Vehicles or Mini-Van
- WiFi on vehicles
- Bottle of water
- English speaking driver with great local and historical knowledge
- Entrance fees to archeological sites
- Tour Guide: upon request21